JellyPages.com

Saturday, November 28, 2009

"Joy" Christmas ornament

I make several picture ornaments for my tree every year. I know someday when my children have grown and settled into their own lives that I will be able to have a tree dedicated solely to them. It will be an amazing feeling to watch them grow up all over again in these baubles I've made.

My first for this year is rather large, over 15" in completed length. I used wooden letters and gave them the crackle paint treatment before inking and decorating. The middle "O" was the perfect place for a sweet picture of my son in the snow taken in January of this year. We put up our tree yesterday and all the ornaments, including this one, look gorgeous!


3 comments:

Karen Lee said...

Oh Rebecca this is one gorgeous ornament. You are so darned talented!! I love your work!

hugs, Karen Lee

Jennifer Hope Longenecker said...

Super cute ornament. BTW welcome to the Scrapbook Kit Club design team.

nightfairyscrapper said...

THIS IS ADORABLE !!!!