JellyPages.com

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Reusing plastic packaging!!

So, if you've been scrapping for some time now, you know that there are MANY products that come in a protective plastic wrapping. Many of my favorite Prima flowers come packaged this way. I have been saving my packaging up, not wanting to throw them in the trash bin. After holding onto them for some time, today I finally decided it was time to get some use out of them!

I pulled out some packaging, and some alcohol inks. I didn't worry about the labels on them, as I have found them to be difficult to remove. I just left them on, and flipped the packaging over to the opposite side. I colored them with alcohol inks...





At this point, you can do what you like with them. I used one as an extra layer on this layout:



I also made some flowers, by tracing circles onto the plastic sheets and then cutting them out. I matted the smaller, inner layers on white cardstock so they would show up and adhered them with Zip Dry. Then, simply placing a brad in the centers finished off the look.






Here's the page I used the flowers on, I just love this one!




I hope this inspires you to try and use EVERYTHING you possibly can when you create. I think every little bit you keep out of the trash is a GOOD thing!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing this! I love projects that recycle!

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MadebyGenieS said...

i really love the flowers you made!

Adrienne Pierce said...

I always save my packing! I have a turn style and lots of stuff doesn't come in hang-able packages so I transfer them into the hang-able ones...OMG I have like 50 in my drawer!! THANK you so much for this AWESOME idea!!

Angelica said...

Oh wow!! Super cool idea!!! TFS!!

Vanessa said...

I'm always looking for ways to use packaging. This idea is a unique one and very doable; I will be trying that soon on a layout!

Crystal said...

This is just awesome! I have tons of alcohol ink sitting because I'm afraid of it..