JellyPages.com

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Cakes for charity........

Well, I for one am not ashamed to admit I am NO cake decorator! Place cake, icing, and fondant in front of me and the result will be a big ole' mess, I gaurantee! Change the materials however, to boxes, paint, glue, and flowers and then I can make something pretty and funky-cool!

What am I talking about exactly? Well, a coworker asked me to join in a cake decorating contest with benefits going to Relay For Life. All I had to do was make a cake from boxes and craft supplies. I was flattered someone liked my work and thought I would be a good fit for this task, and also excited about helping others in need. So, my mind was made up right away and I knew I HAD to do this!

I began with paper mache boxes, and painted them up. I painted a cake board with hot pink and when dry I masked on it with Tattered Angels Glimmer Screens and Graphite Glimmer Mist.(In the photos the mist looks a bit purple, but in reality it matches the cake brilliantly!) I glued the boxes together with Fabri-Tac, from Beacon Adhesives. It is the BEST glue for a quick, permanent grab! Then, I "had me some fun" with decorating!





I must say, I love how this turned out! I can only hope this will bring some money in the cake raffle/auction!

1 comment:

CaninosArtisticCafe said...

That is absolutely beautiful!