JellyPages.com

Thursday, July 1, 2010

100th post, tutorial, and a RAK!

Are you going to wish me a "Happy 100th blog post Rebecca!"? LOL! I can't believe I finally hit 100, it has taken me quite awhile. Perhaps the next 100 will go by much more quickly. Anyhow, in order to celebrate I'm sending out a RAK! Just comment on this post and let me know how you feel about my tutorials. Wanna see more, or not? Anything you want to see? I'll randomly draw a winner on Monday, July 12. Winner will get an assortment of my handmade flowers!

With that out of the way, I've got a tute to share with you today! I don't know what to call them, perhaps "Wrapped Ribbon Flowers"...Or something, LOL. You will need:

*Ribbon or twine
*Fabri Tac
*Cardboard/chipboard sheets
*Bling, buttons, pearls, etc.
*Scissors


Step 1.) Cut ribbon into approximately two foot lengths.




Step 2.) Lay ribbon across your three middle fingers, allowing a few inches to hang over. Start wrapping the rest of the ribbon around your three middle fingers. You want to count the amount of times you wrap around. Try to go around 7 or 8 times. You should have about a 3-4 inch length left of your ribbon. I'll call this the tail.





Step 3.) Now, carefully slide the wrapped ribbon off of your fingers. Take the remaining tail of ribbon, find the loop it belongs too, and tie it off, around all the other loops. Be sure you have the right loop, and try not to lose any of the loops during this step. You also want the loops to all be around the same size.





Step 4.) Lay your bundle of loops on your table, and begin unfurling the loops. You want to shape them into a flowery shape.





Step 5.) Apply a circle of Fabri Tac onto your cardboard/chipboard sheet. Press the flower onto it, and hold down.




Step 6.) Apply your flower center, and cut the flowers out of the cardboard/chipboard sheeting.






This works great with thick twine as well. You can paint the flowers when finished if desired. This is more for masculine/heritage projects.





I used these, and a hair scrunchie flower, on this layout:



Do you likey? Hope so! Now, don't forget to comment here to be in for a chance at a RAK of my homemade flowers. You'll get a great assortment!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

All of your handmade flowers leave me inspired! :) I always enjoy your tutorials and would love to see more.

Anna C said...

I have enjoyed your tutes; they are very informative. Hope to see more of them in the future. You are a very creative lady!

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, great tutorial & flowers, would love to see more.

TenaE.

Amarilys said...

yay! congrats on your 100th post! :)
Love your tutorials! Must try the latest one soon! Awesome layout by the way! love the pic of your kiddos!

EileenMV said...

congratulations on your 100th post!!! love your latest tutorial - very cute!

DYnKY said...

Congrats on the BIG 100!!
Love this...well, I've grown to love all your cool handmade flowers!! Thanks for the cool tutorials!!

Anonymous said...

These are really great, Rebecca -- I love the way they came out with the organza ribbon. Your r, w, & b LO is divine!

MindyRadio said...

You were right, I love the twine ones. So cool and rustic looking.

Congrats on the 100 posts!!!!

Amanda Valentin said...

I honestly love your tutorials on all your hand made/altered items. Love these flowers.

Darlene S. said...

How cool and cute are these flowers! Your bin of flowers in the last post was AWESOME!!! You make lovely flowers! :) Share some more as you think of them. I LOVEEEE flower tutorials. :)

Congrats on your 100th post!

Thanks for the chance at winning some of your sweet handmade flowers. I have posted this on my blogs sidebar. Have a great day!

FONTY said...

your blog looks nice!


˙noʎ ʞuɐɥʇ ˙ǝʇısqǝʍ ʎɯ ʇısıʌ ǝsɐǝןd