JellyPages.com

Friday, January 7, 2011

Creating for friends..

Have you seen the "Pay it forward 2011" posts on Facebook? You have to send something handmade to the first five people who respond if you make it your status. Here is the status, if you haven't seen it yet:

"Pay it forward 2011.... I promise to make something handmade and send to the first five people who comment. They must in turn post this and make something for the first five who comment on their status. *The rules are it has to be handmade by you, and they must receive it before 2011 ends."

Well, I ended up with six people and I couldn't turn anyone away! Today I decided to get a start on some flower sets for them, and I am seriously going to have a hard time parting with these! Have a lookie:



Made with a corkboard base, mesh, organza, and metal numbers...



Made with a cardboard base, printed fabric that really reminds me of "Little House On the Prairie", remnants of an old sweater, and pearl beads...



And these were made with canvas that has been my misting mat/drop cloth of sorts. I've misted so many items on this piece of fabric, it is very beautifully colored. I decided I'd sacrifice it now for flower making. I topped them off with plastic alpha beads...

These were fun to make, and took me very little time. I am happy to say I've got three down, three to go for this RAK! Do you think they will like them?? They are my friends and know my obsession with texture, so I think I'm OK, lol!

4 comments:

MadebyGenieS said...

I'm going to need to find something to clean up all this drool...

ellen s. said...

oh gosh these are so cool! i love that idea

MindyRadio said...

I'm partial to the second one with the pearls. But I will be really really happy with any of them. Thank you

hilde janbroers said...

gorgeous flowers!