JellyPages.com

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

By request...

I've been making quite a few flowers lately, and have had many requests for a tutorial. Soooo, here is an easy tutorial for fabric flowers!

Step 1: Gather materials. You need fabric circles, any size (Though at least 3" in diameter makes a pretty finished size I think!). You also need something for the centers (I used fancy vintage buttons), and Fabri Tac. Why Fabri Tac? I've said this before and will say it again, it is SO awesome! It has a super-quick grab too, so the flower making process is easy on your hands.

Step 2: Apply a bit of glue in the center of a fabric circle, and fold a bit of the edge in toward the glue. Continue to do this, slightly crimping/folding the fabric as you go and applying more glue where you need it. The goal here, is to pull all the sides up into the center while maintaining a circular shape. Keep going until you've completed the entire circle.





Step 3: Glue your flower center onto the cirle, hiding all the edges and glue.



Step 4: Get it on a page!!!




Now, I am making most of mine white or cream so I can custom color them to my needs. It is great to be able to grab a big bag of these and pull what I need anytime I need it! What do think, will you try these out??

5 comments:

Anna C said...

You have made it look so easy! I think I am going to try them if I can find some Fabri Tac. What kind of material did you use? I love the centers too. I seriously doubt our Little Joanne's will have any that pretty, if any at all!

Your layout is very beautiful and that photo is so gorgeous. And your journaling is so true!

Thanks so much for sharing!

byondbzr said...

The fabric is double-napped cotton, it feels so soft! And don't count out J's, they have a huge button selection!

Tabbetha said...

I will soooo try these out! Thanks so much for sharing! Im adding this to my favs list on my blog!!
See you around SB.com! Awesome lo! Tab

Vanessa said...

Great idea to make them neutral colors! Right away I thought of stamping on them. On these, I really like the texture, flannel? felt?

Anonymous said...

Hello, I am Brazilian and I loved his ideas.