JellyPages.com

Friday, July 20, 2012

Trash To Treasure Post!

You know I love saving things from the trash right? LOL! I've done several posts like this. It all starts with me finding something that someone else tossed away. This time it was a big wooden frame. Here's how she looked to begin with:



I thought it was lovely and deserved to be given a new life. I started by painting the frame with a dry brush lightly dipped in pink and white paint. I wanted the weathered shabby look so I allowed some of the original color to show through. While that was drying, I took some pretty fabric and placed it in a bowl. I got it wet with water, ringing out the excess, and poured on some Tattered Angels Coffee Stain glimmer mist. I worked quickly, ringing it out and wetting it down again. This gave a pretty, mottled stain effect to the fabric. I let this dry too.

Now, once everything was dry, I pulled out the trusty old glue gun. Applying it to the back of the frame where the glass would set, I adhered the fabric a little bit at a time, pulling it as taut as I could. In progress, it looked like this:



Once the fabric was completely in place, I had fun decorating. I used photos of my neighbor's daughter and used a clothesline theme to hang them on the frame. I finished with some pretty flower clusters. I gave this to my neighbor as a gift. This weekend her daughter turns four and I thought photos from her recent photo shoot (Photo Credits to Pixelhopper Photography) deserved to be shown off. Here's the final piece, looks pretty good coming from an unloved, unwanted frame right?




7 comments:

Krafthead said...

Great way to revamp the old frame! Love what you did with it~

Anonymous said...

So very cool!!!

Mary Jo said...

I am always in awe when I see other crafters turn "trash into treasure"!
What a cool project! :)

Sherry C said...

Such a lovely gift!

Anna C said...

This turned out so awesome! I'm sure your neighbor loves it!

scrappymo! said...

Mmmmm. I think I have an empty frame lying about in the garage.
I just might have to bloglift this...

Miae said...

awesome!