JellyPages.com

Saturday, February 11, 2012

You make me smile...

Hey everyone! I'm sharing a project I made for the Basically Bare CHA booth. It's a Walnut Hollow 12" shadowbox that I coated in gesso and then sprayed with tons of Tattered Angels glimmer mist. I used several Basically Bare embellies on this piece.







It really has become one of my favorite projects because it's all about my sweet girl. She LOVES to sing along to the radio, just like momma! We both love "You Make Me Smile" by Uncle Kracker and I turn that baby UP when it comes on. To hear my baby girl sing along with it and tell me she "loves this song so much mommy" just fills my heart with glee. I want to always remember that, and that is what I think of when I look at this piece..

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love your use of colors and that dress is stunning!!!

Becca said...

That is so creative and awesome! I love it!

Alyssa said...

Wow, I love how you did the dressform. So cool!

scrapinbabygal said...

Hi!! What a gorgeous piece of art work you created!! I just love the color scheme and all the misting! So beautiful!

CaninosArtisticCafe said...

Oh how beautiful, I love how you did that little dress form and the colors are great!! Love all the different textures! And your daughter I swear she should be a model it's like her eyes and her face just say so much to the person looking at the photo I probably watch too much of that America's next top model lol but seriously she seems to be a natural I just think it's adorable!

I agree enjoy all those special little moments, my son being almost 19 now I always think back to things like this, little things that we did together when he was just a kid and the fun times we had. I so miss them even though we still have special times now, it's different when they are just young and innocent :)