JellyPages.com

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Ruffled Romance flower tutorial!

I've got a new flower tutorial for you! They are fabric, and pretty easy to do. I also have to tell you that my great friend Wendy (WendyG-SA on sb.com) also came up with these flowers the same weekend I did. LOL, great minds think alike! We both saw a Prima flower and decided to make our own. She does hers differently, and can get more petals per flower. So, I have told her to do a tutorial as well showing her method. If she does, I'll link it up here.( UPDATE! HERE is Wendy's tutorial!)
Here are my flowers:





To make these flowers you will need:

* Fabric circles, a little bigger than a golf ball in size.
(You can try other sizes too!)
* Chipboard sheets
* Fabri Tac OR 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue, both from Beacon Adhesives
* Assorted beads, buttons, flower centers


Step 1.)
Cut your circles out of the desired fabric. The great part about this flower, is that the circle DOES NOT need to be perfect. Just pick up the fabric and cut it, it's that simple! You will need five circles per flower to make my five-petal blooms.




Step 2.)
Pick up a circle, apply a bit of glue in the center, and fold it in half. Press and hold it together a few seconds.



Step 3.)
Now apply a drop a glue to the center of this half circle, and fold over again. You will have a pie piece shape. Again, hold this together with your fingers for several seconds. Make five petals just like this.






Step 4.)

Now build your flower. Apply a circle of glue, about the size of a nickel, to the chipboard sheet. Place the pointed tip of a petal on the glue. Add the other petals next to it, pressing into the glue and slightly overlapping the edges of each one.







Step 5.)
Apply a bit of glue to the center, and apply your beads, gemstones, or buttons. Allow these to set for awhile, and then cut the flower from the chipboard sheet.




That's it, pretty easy right! Is this a flower you will try on your own? I think they look great on layouts. Have a look at a few I've done with them:




10 comments:

Darlene S. said...

These are totally AWESOME!! I love the looks of them! Thanks for sharing this tutorial! :)

Unknown said...

So cool! :) Love those flowers, too.

I think I might have one in the works with a zipper, too. I'm still working out the details. =P

Karen Lee said...

I'm off to my scraproom now!!!!! Love these!

xoxo Karen Lee

WendyG said...

Rebecca, love these!!!! I'm off to post my tutorial. thanks for the shared credit!!

Danielle said...

WOW what gorgeous flowers! I'm looking forward to making a plethora of these! lol Off to get started! Thanks so much for sharing your tutorial...

CaninosArtisticCafe said...

OMG this is one of the greatest tutorials I've ever seen and for such beautiful flowers thank you sooooo much for sharing your talent and I will be trying some of these myself!! Thanks a bunch!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE this tutorial! Thank you so much for posting it. I just used it on a page I did last night and will definitely be making more.

AllAmy said...

i just made one with tissue paper- wonderful tutorial. Easy instructions and super result. Thanks!

Tina Connolly said...

Fantastic tutorial,TFS.
www.scrapdiva-tina.blogsot.com

Carol said...

These are wonderful - thank you so much for sharing the tut with us! I can't wait to play and make a few.